Help end hunger
through food rescue.

Every $1 helps provide 2 meals

Two boys in wagon with fresh produce
Grandmother and grandson standing at Feeding San Diego food distribution

Hundreds of thousands of people in San Diego County are facing hunger while 35% of food produced is wasted . You can help.

Help Your Neighbors this Thanksgiving

TEDx Talk on Food Rescue

Together Tour — Free Drive-Through Food Distributions

Hundreds of thousands of people in San Diego County are facing hunger while 35% of food produced is wasted . You can help.

TEDx Talk on Food Rescue

Help Your Neighbors this Thanksgiving

Together Tour — Free Drive-Through Food Distributions

Who Is Feeding San Diego?

Established in 2007, Feeding San Diego is the leading hunger-relief and food rescue organization in San Diego County and the only Feeding America member in the region.

Feeding San Diego is on a mission to connect every person facing hunger with nutritious meals by maximizing food rescue. Your support helps provide nutritious meals to people facing hunger. That means:

  • Kids succeed in school
  • Families stay in their homes
  • Heroes serve their country without worrying about their families back home
  • Seniors retire with dignity
Feeding San Diego distribution partner STEP serves free food to veterans and their families on June 18, 2022.

Feeding San Diego protects people and the planet.

meals distributed since 2007

Our FY22 Annual Impact

June 1, 2021 to July 30, 2022

metric tons of CO₂ equivalent prevented

Feeding San Diego protects people and the planet.

meals distributed since 2007

Our FY22 Annual Impact

June 1, 2021 to July 30, 2022

metric tons of CO₂ equivalent prevented

Updates

Community Voices

Faisal, Katherine, and Raiden

Feeding San Diego distribution partner STEP serves free food to veterans and their families on June 18, 2022.Faisal

"We've been stationed here for about a year. This is my first duty station. When COVID hit, everything got more expensive everywhere. We watched apartment prices rise, we watched the housing market skyrocket. My BAH can barely even afford a single bedroom apartment anymore. Right now, inflation and gas prices are decimating our budget. What's hardest for us is prices going up for fruit and vegetables. It's nice to have this resource. It's a huge stress off our shoulders."

Lorna

A woman with white hair stands in front of a Feeding San Diego truck at a mobile pantry that supports the Feeding Seniors program

"I moved up here [to Ramona] two and a half years ago. I'm on a fixed income but I found a nice little home I could buy. About three months ago my house payment went up $400 and, living on a fixed income, that was very difficult. My granddaughter saw that you had Feeding San Diego up here, so she calls me every month and lets me know when you have it. It's a great help, especially when you're on a fixed income, and I know there are several elderly couples up here like me who need the help. This is a great help, it helps every month. I love the fresh fruit. I appreciate the volunteers. They're always kind, they're very helpful. I enjoy talking to them.​"

Sydney & Simone

Feeding San Diego Together Tour free food distribution in Carlsbad. December 22, 2021."My name is Sydney and my daughter's name is Simone. I have six in my household and then I pick up for my cousin as well who has four in her household. I live up in Vista and this is the closest Feeding San Diego for us. This helps us, especially during the holiday. It's amazing the stuff that comes in the boxes. My mom signed us up and we've been doing it ever since. It's like tremendous, it has helped tremendously. Last time we were here, we got little turkeys and turkey grounds and that was awesome because meat is so expensive. My mom saw it and we looked it up and have been coming ever since. I think it's been about a year now. It's been awesome. I adopted my sister's three kids, so Simone is my niece, but now they're mine, all three of them. Plus the pandemic, a lot of people lost their jobs, but I work at the grocery store and just working at the grocery store, I have completely seen the drastic change in prices on things and so after COVID hit it just everything skyrocketed and it's just hard. It gets hard. Then gas on top of that, it just gets harder and harder. Plus, we live in California so that's hard as well.I would just love to say thank you and I know that within the pandemic, it's been hard for everybody, not just some, but everybody in this whole situation and I just want to say thank you for everything, because if it wasn't for them, it gets tough. So without them helping, a lot of families wouldn't have what they have during the holidays and during the whole pandemic."

"I have six in my household and then I pick up for my cousin as well who has four in her household. It's amazing the stuff that comes in the boxes. It's like tremendous, it has helped tremendously. Last time we were here, we got little turkeys and turkey grounds and that was awesome because meat is so expensive. I work at the grocery store and I have completely seen the drastic change in prices on things. After COVID hit, everything skyrocketed and it's just hard. It gets hard. Then gas on top of that, it just gets harder and harder. Plus, we live in California so that's hard as well. I would just love to say thank you. Without them helping, a lot of families wouldn't have what they have during the holidays and during the whole pandemic."

Juana

Feeding San Diego Mobile Pantry free food distribution by partner Vista Community Clinic on March 8, 2022.JuanaThere are seven of us, three kids, my son, my daughter-in-law, my husband, and me. We came six months ago to be with my grandkids and my son. I've come to the distribution twice. Once was two years ago, so this is the second time. Everything they have here is very good, so I congratulate all of you for helping us with this food. They say that

" There are seven of us, three kids, my son, my daughter-in-law, my husband, and me. They say that "in the United States, they make a lot of money," but the truth is, my son and my daughter-in-law make just enough. So we get along, just like in Mexico, we get by. I t is a lot of help what you give us. I'm very grateful for what you do for people. Everything is very good, very fresh. You don't see anything that's rotten. Everything is nice and fresh which is very important for the children. We're very thankful that you do this because the people who are here, we need it."